- Each album had 100 points accredited.
- TLC had 7pts on CrazySexyCool.
- Each point is worth 8¢.
- CrazySexyCool sold 10 million.
- LaFace Records spent $3million recording TLC and shooting the music videos. In the recording industry, artists have to pay that back.
- When you have that much (at least by 1995-6 standards), you’re in the 47%-49% tax racket, so this becomes reduced to $1,300,000.
- Now split that up between the 3 of you.
$1,300,000/3=$300,000 (after other costs, if you’re lucky.)
- Now let’s say you buy yourself a house. (Again, by 1995-6 standards.)
- Now how are you gonna pay your bills?